MP Raju Bista Meets with Union Minister Piyush Goyal Regarding Railways Issues in Darjeeling
Darjeeling MP Raju Bista today met with Hon’ble Minister of Railways, Piyush Goyal Ji to discuss issues concerning the Railways in Darjeeling constituency. MP Bista also submitted various representation provided to him by Railways workers, employees, and the general public during his last constituency visit.
MP Bista sought the attention of the Hon’ble Minister on the following matters and requested him to take these up on priority:
- Resolution of concerns shared by forest villagers to Sevoke-Rangpo new railway line
- Establishing a separate Division for Darjeeling Himalayan Railways
- Converting Kurseong Railway Press to a Heritage Museum and Specialized Printing Press
- Filling up of unfilled vacancies in DHR, and permanency of casual workers who have worked on a temporary basis for over 20-yrs and apprentices who have completed their railway training, but have not been placed.
- New Rail originating from Gulma station in Darjeeling to Kolkata
- Stopping of Trains bound for Kolkata, Delhi and other places in rest of India at Bagdogra, Naxalbari, Chopra
- Modernization of New Jalpaiguri Railway Station
- Construction of Flyovers/Underpasses at railway crossings – Bagrakote, Sevoke and NTS More.
During the discussion, MP Bista mentioned about the issues facing the forest villagers due to the non-implementation of FRA Act 2006 in Darjeeling and Kalimpong districts. Hon’ble Minister assured MP Bista that he will discuss these issues with concerned Departments under the Ministry of Railways and send it for necessary actions.